6/16/08

Melanie C: Message To Canadian Fans


Melanie posted the following blog for Much Music about the Canadian Tour she did back in May and her return to Toronto for the MMVA's (Much Music Video Awards for those who aren't familiar with that abbreviation) and her upcoming performance during Pride Week.

I'm so excited to be back in Toronto, especially for such a great event. The MMVAs are going to be fantastic this year. I'm really looking forward to seeing Rihanna, Simple Plan and NKOTB perform! A lot of the artists are new to me so it's going to be fun checking out some Canadian talent.

I've got to tell you about my tour - it was amazing! We started up in Montreal, then played Ottawa, Toronto, London, Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver - PHEW! Me and my band had a wicked tour bus, so we really got to see your beautiful land. Highlights included Lake Superior, The Rockies and a BEAR! That's mighty impressive to an English girl...

I had a lot of fun meeting my Canadian fans (and their big fishes!). I had two great supports - Adam Crossley, a very handsome singer-songwriter - his voice is sublime - and a very cool band called Spirits. I thought they were quite Killers-esque. If you haven't heard their stuff I recommend you check them both out on MySpace!

I was in Switzerland last weekend performing at the opening of the Euro 2008 Championships. England didn't make it through so we're all disappointed about that - you know us Brits and our soccer!

I've seen some amazing gigs recently - I saw Sir Paul McCartney in Liverpool. Liverpool is my home city and we are the European capital of culture this year, so it was a really special event. He played loads of Beatles tunes, as you can imagine the crowd were going wild!

I saw Foo Fighters at Wembeley Stadium, too. Dave Grohl is god. They were incredible! Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones from Led Zeppelin joined them on stage for the encore - it was such a privilege to be in the audience!

I'm back in Toronto to play at Pride on Saturday, June 28! We're on the Wellesley Stage at 6pm - so if you haven't seen me do my solo thing, come and check us out!

See you soon!

Love,
Melanie C
xx

No word on her plans for shooting the video for Understand but at least we know it's happening while she's here, so we'll have a new video very soon.

PS. If anyone is confused about the big fishes referrence in Melanie's note, many of her Canadian fans made cut outs of fish to hold up during the line "May you catch big fishes, and get all your wishes" when she performed "May Your Heart" during her tour. Melanie seemed to enjoy that.

No comments: